Saturday, April 18, 2009

The Medieval Feat

Well I just wanted to describe the Medieval feast! it was SOOOO much fun- everyone was required to wear a medieval time period costume and let me tell you there was a lot of good ones!
First my and the older class made a grand entrance by playing a song called the Lullaby with our chirpy recorders. Stepping down onto the"stage" we played Quartett and the Boar's Head Carol while two "crusaders brought a life-like boar's head out on a platter. (Needless to say that my creative mom and her asisstant created him out of chicken wire and plaster.)
Secondly we were served a delightfully unique and large varity of foods all adequately medieval. My favorite dishes included rice pudding, bread pudding, and a gigantic chicken leg!! Servers asked what we desired or craved. That was cool.
Next we were enthusiastically entertained by a duet of recorders and a qouting of SOME book.
After that, I and a bunch of other brave actors/actresses were posed amongst the crowd as statues. When someone taped our shoulder or shield (if we had one- most of the boys DID) we told them who we were and our story. ( I was Joan Of Arc who was mercilessly burnt at the stake) I was SOOOO hot at the end! I had a really thick dress on........and it was NERVE RACKING!!
Following was a scrumpous dessert the same format as dinner.
The rest of the entertainment was held shortly after- some confused jokers/jesters, a story-telling monk, a romantic dance, and Hayden,s quiet (yes quiet) class singing.
Then we re-entered (we being the older class an mine) playing our hardy loud instruments because the audience had been stunned with our preformance. the Lullaby, Quartett and Boar's Head Carol was played again much to the audience's delight. ( Quite honestly I do not know WHY they were "delighted" in the first place!)
This was all the planned entertainment but there was more to come as us kids were kicked outside as the adults cleaned up. Roughly, we chased each other about until one unfortunate kid's costume was ripped.
Then we left.

I had a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: